Thursday, August 26, 2010

Courage




Alma 53:20-22

And they were all young men and they were exceedingly valiant for
courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all-
they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted.

Yea, they were men of truth and soberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before him.

And now it came to pass that Helaman did march at the head of his two thousand stripling soldiers, to the support of the people in the borders of the land on the south by the west sea.




When I read these scriptures last night, I recalled upon two different types of courage, strength, activity and truth in all things.

There are men and woman fighting in horrific battles, risking their lives every moment so that we might have freedom.
There are men and woman who are sacrificing the oppurtunities of life for something greater than they, missionary work.

In verse 20 it says "...they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted."

I want to be this valiant and courageous. I want to be TRUE in all things.
I want the Lord to Entrust me with important battles, and work. I want him to Entrust me with the things of this life and the things of the life to come.
Entrust.

: to confer a trust on; especially : to deliver something in trust to

: to commit to another with confidence

I want the Lord to know He can Trust me. And that He can commit to me in confidence that I can do it. That I will.
I want to stand for strength and activity. I want to do the Lords work in all things. Follow his path, and his will for me.
In turn, I can put my Faith in the Lord, and follow his commandments and entrust him to guide me where He would have me go, where I Know I will be happiest.

I'm grateful for this scripture. For the Men and Woman who fight for my freedom
and for the Men and Woman serving Missions for the
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Im grateful for their Courage, Valiance and Support.

I want to be as Helaman, and Lead my brothers and sisters to the support of eachother.
I want to support members and non-members of the church.
I want to support family.
I want to support others.

Not because I have to.
But because I want to.

I need to be humble. and Grateful for the blessings in my life.
For all that Ive been given.
I need to be more courageous and valiant and stand for whats Good and Right.

I want to be entrusted with the care and love and support of others.
No matter the circumstance.
Because I can, and because I want to be like my brother Jesus Christ.
I strive to be like him and in being like Him, I am like Helaman.
I am like the men and woman who are serving around the world.
No matter the difference in their service, it is Service.

Thank You to all the Soldiers and Missionaries who are doing all that they can to bring freedom and rightness to those around them. I keep you in my prayers and am humbled and privelaged at all that you do.

Walk Uprightly before the Lord, be true at all times in whatsoever you are entrusted , and the Lord
will Bless you.



1 comment:

The Clarks said...

Hey cute girl! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! You're the Bree I met at SAS right?